Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cricket and IPL.., sorry NR-IPL


Cricket tho runs in my blood... I've grown up watching Chinnaanna play all his matches be it for Hyderabad or even the gulli matches.., the leagues and the Ranji's... People remember me shouting Azhar's name at a promotional event at Koti Womens when I was hardly 3... The moment of glory when Kapil gave his autograph.......I remember all the Indo-Pak matches and all the gum which I almost swallowed throughout those matches..., I remember praying for the Indian team before the matches ..., I remember being in love with Ajay Jadeja..., and the day I almost fainted when I saw him for the first time... :)., I remember crying sooo many times when Sachin got out cheaply...I remember the fantastic Quarterfinal World Cup match at Bangalore when Ajay smashed Waquar Younis pride..., The matches at Sharjah where Sachin proved that He is the God of Cricket... Dada's shirt-take-off at the Lords... The T-20 world cup...and sooo many more wonderful matches.., Team India.., is what runs in my blood now..., I've faced sooo much flak from soo many people for being such a religious follower of Cricket.., But i don't care..., I've always loved it.., and will do so NO MATTER WHAT... come a match-fixing scandal, or a World Cup 2007.. my loyalty towards the Indian team will never change... And now coming to the point.., I would miss the IPL :( and how!!!! Yeah I would watch each and every match on the television but it wouldn't be the same na??? The crowds, the fun, the excitement..., the rooting, the hoo haa hoo haa's and the boooooos!!!! The executive lunches and Rudra, Gilly and Gibbs!!!!! Man this NR-IPL would surely be different... Now Capetown would be Cheering the Chargers, Pretoria would be Praying for Punjab Kings XI and Durban would be Drumming for The Delhi Daredevils.... How I wish I would be a part of all the fun unlimited..., but none-the-less..., I root for the Deccan Chargers...., GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: