Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

!!!!

Hmm yeah this one is not going to be poetic... I simply am drifting from my thougths much too often.., And anyways I wouldn't want a tear- jearker.. So.., let me just jot down a few sentences.., before I drift off...

I've always wondered why do people fall in love??? And if they do, why don't they have courage to put it in front of the person whom they love??? And if they do, why are they scared to admit it to the world??? And if they do, why do they fail to convince the parents????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

God!!! I have been thinking about this for donno how many days... And it all started with a friend sharing a few personal experiences... The pain in his eyes and his words left me sooo sad... He would never forget his first love..., NO ONE WOULD EVER FORGET THEIR FIRST LOVE!!! But he never got the girl..., after years of wooing the girl and her parents ( who agreed happily to the match)..., when time came convince his parents.., he fell FLAT!!! Today hez married elsewhere, the girl is married elsewhere. But again as i say..., He would never forget her. When he told me how she had helped him out with his career and trusted him and stood by him when he was a Nothing... I immediately wanted to reach out to her and thank her for shaping my friends career and his future.., for making him the person he is today...

But what went wrong??? and where??? He tells me that his parents threatened to kill themselves if he didnt give up on the girl... coz, hez their only son and they had big dreams about his wedding...( i shuddered to think that this situation was sooo identical to the situation i was when i was about to get married...., But..., We both were sooo adamant about our decision..., that our parents HAD TO GIVE IN..... )Yeah hez the only child.., yeah they have big plans for his wedding... So???? They must be happy that their son chose someone whom he loves.., who loves him..., who understands him.., and they can get them married exactly as they had "planned"...., Why don't the parents understand???

Some jerks of gyaani gurus with all their gyaan about culture and family history and social circles poison the minds and how..., " How can you go against your parents wishes and marry someone from some other CASTE?? Those parents, who gave birth to you, brought you up with all the hardships??? If not this girl, a million others... But, you cant say the same about parents right??? its your call.. " This is what they actually said to him..., sad part.., he relented..., but today he regrets....

I ask..., What is wrong if someone is in love??? is falling in love such a big crime??? Why don't parents understand?? Why cant they let their children live their lives on their own???? Ok so they they did give birth to them.., they did do everything possible for them.., they gave them everything they wanted..., Then why not THIS???? They should infact feel happy that a girl.., born somewhere.., who is not even distintly related to them, who has nothing to do with the family.., has the same feelings for their son (if not more) that they have..., She loves him, understands hi, cares for him and his feelings, is ready to leave her house, family for him.... God they should be happy..., but why does this happen the other way round..., I'm sort of depressed from a couple of days when I think about it.., I feel extreamly sad for my friend...,would he ever be able to forget that girl?? Would he ever be able to get out of the guilt that it was because of him that things didn't materialise??? I pray to God that he releases him from his guilt... but i cant ask God to make him forget her..., I know.., that would never be possible....

I tried to empathise and I shuddered..., Life wouldn't be....., WITHOUT RAJ...,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which friend?

Anonymous said...

It happens Sweety.., It happens with everyone. Not everyone is lucky enough to marry the person He/She loves.

Kavi said...

Nice write up.. Left me thinking

Nikhil Dev said...

You reminded me of so many things which I wanted to forget. How've you been doing these days?

Anonymous said...

Touching..