Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A thought!!!


All of us would spend at least a third of our life doing it. Although there are people who dislike doing it, they would have to do it somehow.

That is to close our eyes and sleep.

Lying on the bed is easy but not getting yourself to close your eyes without switching off your thoughts is the difficult part .

What is the last thing you’ll do before you go to bed each night?

Would you just lie down and doze off within minutes or would you spend a great of time thinking about the things that had happened today and the many unknowns that will happen tomorrow?

All the thoughts in the world happen at night.
It’s special at night as it’s really quiet and you are all alone within your own boundaries.

This is the time for us to think and reflect on our decisions and actions for the day. As you lie comfortably in bed, all the events that had passed through roam about in your head…,finally.., (I’m talking about most of the times) your mind is at ease with your hectic life.

What have you done today? Was it meaningful?

Did you help someone today and receive a lot of appreciation and blessings?
Or rather did you scold someone today and caused them to be sad over you?

As I lie comfortably in my bed, I would think of the people I’ve met. I would think back of the words I’ve said whether inspirational or simply a word of encouragement.

I would recall the stuffs that I’ve done, whether I can do it better next time.

Finally I would think of him.

How was his day like? 
Who are the people that he has met and what good encounters did he come across for today? 
What had I missed when I was not around with him?

I find it amazing that even though we share the same space, we are two persons living different lives and witnessing different stories each day.

I make it a great deal that he tells me all about his day before he sleeps. From the moment he goes to work and all the happy and unhappy events that surrounded him.

Sometimes we would talk until almost late midnight before my tiredness finally takes over.

Would you be thinking of that special someone in your heart before you rest?

Would you call him/her before you sleep?

Would you tell him/her what had happened to you this very whole day?

If someone wants to tell you what he/she had happened today, would you listen?

I feel all of us should because there’s only one today in this life and once it’s over, there’s no way that you can go back.

I don’t know who said the below words but I find it very true.

Yesterday’s history, tomorrow’s a mystery.
Today’s a gift, that’s why it’s call the present.

Telling someone what you have been through today is perhaps the simplest form of present you can give but it is also the most thoughtful present as it is a part of your life…

No comments: